Cripps Hall provides accommodation for just over 350 students. The hall is named after its benefactor, Sir Cyril Cripps. It opened in 1959, and was originally all male, but has been mixed sex since 2000.
Cripps Hall was designed by the architects Donald McMorran and George Whitby, and is a grade II listed building (one of only relatively few post-war buildings to be given such status). Cripps Hall has a perennial rivalry with its neighbour, Hugh Stewart Hall. Cripps Hall is the only hall on campus to have its own gym.